Thursday, February 10, 2011

Official Invite!

Here is the evite link to view the Music for Mimi invitation:
http://new.evite.com/#view_invite:eid=011CAAQZXGL24E5HAEPAGV2S7TOCDE

We have several bands lined up, dessert, face-painting for the kids, and possibly some very popular characters showing up (like the fairy god-mother)! There will also be T-shirts for sale that say "Music for Mimi, " or "Mimi's Minions." She especially likes the second one.

We are also anxiously waiting for the neurologist to call.  It would be great if we could get a diagnosis soon.  Mimi's spirits have definitely been better this week, and I know it has to do with all the love, support and prayers we have been given.  She and Miles got to spend some time with two of their favorite people, Kristi and Kevin Leonard yesterday, and they couldn't have felt more special!

On a more personal level, Nelson and I are dealing with everything one day at a time.  My uncle Barry once made the comment, "Parents are only as happy as their least happy child."  I realize the truth of that statement.  We have good days when Mimi does, and have bad days when she cries and hurts.
In another way, it is so unbelievably tempting to take this whole situation and use it as a crutch to be angry, depressed, or justified for some crusade (don't get me started on the handicapped parking situation at the kids' school!).  I find myself sinking into moments where I am just plain frustrated, but the result of those moments is when I see grace.  I see that no matter what the diagnosis, Mimi is still Mimi.  That even if the bills get bigger, we are still a family with an abundance of people who love and support us.  That there are parents out there comforting their dying children, when my child can still play.  That through this "stuff" I have found new friends, reunited with old friends, and created bonds for a lifetime. So ultimately, what I am saying is, thank you.  Every time I get on here, facebook, or my email, I see words of encouragement and advice.  I will treasure these things in my heart always, and remember that in one of my darkest times, there was a lot of gazing up at the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment