Friday, February 25, 2011

Cerebral Palsy

I wish I had a moment to call each one of you to give you the news, and I hope to chat with you all over the next few days, but this is the fastest way to get news out.
We met with an unbelievably kind neurologist today, who spent over 2 hours with us.  He could tell by Mimi's muscles and skeleton that she has, undoubtably, Cerebral Palsy.  While a MRI is often used to determine diagnosis, there were specific signs in her back and other areas that the doctor didn't need the MRI to diagnose her.
He also diagnosed her with Central Hypotonia, and Left Hemiparesis.

We asked that everyone support us and pray for us today and we know that we were not alone in that office, therefore we know that what we learned today has a purpose, that Mimi has an amazing life planned for her!  She will still grow up, get married and have children and be a squirt.
Nelson and I are choosing to rejoice in this news.  We have seen that God is good, and we hope that you join us in this.  There is victory and struggles ahead, happiness and sadness, but we know we can rely on our family and friends.
Keep Mimi in your thoughts and prayers, but also think of Miles.  This is equally hard on him.
We love you all, appreciate you endlessly, and hope to see you all at Music for Mimi!

3 comments:

  1. Bitter sweet news.. atleas you have a diagnosis now and a plan, and cp is non progressive so thats also a plus... I will continue to keep mimi, miles and you guys in my prayers.. Your an amazing family... And one more thing we have in common.. Let me know if you have anyquestions or anything were always here for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so awesome to hear! I have been praying for your sweet Mimi and love that the blog is here to keep everyone updated. Jordan had asked me before if I could play a character, and I would do anything you asked of me, but wasn't sure about how it would work with all my tattoo's (shouldn't be the biggest issue, but I wanted your input). I can do any amount of baking or making or ... whatever. I'm here and available so just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much to tell you, know you are busy, but would love a call, have some ideas for next saturday...
    You know I love you and your little Mim's. Oh What we will see God do through all of this!! Hang on for the ride Honey, God is on the MOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete