Thursday, February 24, 2011

Huge News! The Ember Days and Ascend the Hill!

We have so much to fill you in on!!!!!

First, tomorrow is the day we have been anticipating: the neurologist.  We are really hoping to get some news on Mimi!
I know so many of you will be sending your thoughts and prayers to us tomorrow, and have asked what I hope to hear at the appointment.  What is the best outcome?
This is where my heart is...... if Mimi just has an ambiguous "leg deformity" (which I haven't talked with a single medical professional who still believes that to be true) then the insurance will continue to fight us, and every single physical ailment Mimi has from now until her adulthood could just be called a "deformity."  In some ways, that is great because all it causes is idiopathic toewalking (so far).  However, if she is going to be diagnosed, at this point I would rather it be a non-degenerative illness like CP.  Nels and I know that we are probably going to be faced with some truths tomorrow, and our deepest fear is the doctor even mentioning a progressive neuro-musculoskeletal illness.  So, that is where we are.  We will have more to share you tomorrow.

Today, Mimi had PT, and they put some more kenisio tape on her.  She looks like a zebra now!  She was pretty excited!Here is a pic with her and Brandon S.


Second, we could use some help.  We would love for anyone will to help with kitchen duty, or more importantly, dress up like a famous person!  Unfortunately, our fairy godmother has misplaced her attire, so we would love someone to come and "Bibbity Bobbity Bo!" the little girls    We have a Rapunzal, but we could use super heros or other courageous and uplifting characters.  Let me know if you are interested.  Also, please, please, get the word out!  If you would like a flyer to put at work or pass around, let me know and I will email you one.

And THIRD...... OUR MOST EXCITING NEWS!!!!
Many of you have heard of The Ember Days or Ascend the Hill.  They, miraculously, heard about Music For Mimi, and will be touring through Colorado on that date.  They are going to PLAY!  It is absolutely amazing.  This is going to be an amazing evening!  I hope you have had a chance to look at the other teasers I have put up, but here is one for Ascend the Hill, please check it out!
http://www.myspace.com/ascendthehill

This is just unbelievable to me.  I sing their songs in church, and they have been moved to play for my little girl.  I can't wait to meet them, and thank them.  I don't know how it is possible to cry this much, but I have, and I am.  God is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment